Homemade Peanut Butter Cups, in mini form, are delicious little treats made with only 3 ingredients.
Homemade: The Best Gift of All
These sweet, creamy little bites are every bit, if not more, delicious as the store-bought peanut butter cups that we all know and love. But then, any homemade treat always tastes better, doesn’t it? And, the best thing about these homemade peanut butter cups is that you made them yourself. Homemade gifts are the ones that make the most heartfelt impact, including, and maybe especially, edible ones.
The History of the Peanut Butter Cup
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. They’re truly iconic. There is actually a really interesting history of this treat and the chocolate industry in America. The Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup was invented by a man named Harry Reese, who worked for Hershey’s Chocolates in 1928. Check out this interesting site to find out more about this timeless treat: The Fascinating Rise of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Fun Peanut Butter Cup Fact:
I love fun facts, do you? I like digging them up because I think we all just need them sometimes. They are unnecessary but interesting, and good for a pause.
So, here’s this one: Reese’s makes so many peanut butter cups each year that it could feed one cup to every person in the USA, Europe, Australia, Japan, China, Africa, and India with its annual production.
What Chocolate To Use for Peanut Butter Cups
You can use milk chocolate chips or any milk chocolate for these peanut butter cups, but, if you want to make them special, (and, really, if you are making them yourself, why wouldn’t you?), Use premium chocolate. It will elevate your homemade creation way above the previously mentioned commercial one.
An easy to Make, Delicious Little Treat
Peanut butter cups are, personally, my favourite chocolate treat to indulge in. And making them yourself is super simple. It’s so easy to just satisfy that craving by grabbing a bar from the store. But these homemade ones make a perfect edible gift or a lovely treat for special someone (no matter what their age).
What Kind of Peanut Butter To Use
I’m all about pure peanut butter, the one where the ingredient list is just, “Peanuts”. That’s what I buy and love. But, that natural product is not the best for this recipe. And, this being a treat, after all, I’m using commercial peanut butter. It works best for this recipe because it’s firmer and less oily.
More Chocolate No-Bake Treats!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Mini Muffin Tin
- Mini Muffin Paper Liners
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 400 gr good quality milk chocolate, melted
- Line a 24 cup mini muffin tin with candy cup liners
- Stir peanut butter and icing sugar together in a bowl until smooth
- Drop 1 tsp measures of the peanut butter mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 15 min
- Put 1 tsp melted chocolate into each paper candy cup
- Add one peanut butter ball, slightly flattened with your palm to each candy cup.
- Add 2 more tsp of melted chocolate to each candy cup, smoothing the tops with a spoon, and spreading to the edges.
- Refrigerate until firm, about an hour, or freeze, in an airtight container.