Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables are a delicious and healthy side dish that the whole family will love. It couldn't be easier to roast veggies in the air fryer, and they come out perfectly tender-crisp every time.
I've posted many air fryer vegetable recipes, from Air Fryer Acorn Squash (Stuffed), Air Fryer Zucchini, Air Fryer Beets, Air Fryer Butternut Squash, and more. Even a collection of air fryer recipes: 21 Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes.
This recipe is a medley of vegetables, because everyone loves oven roasted veggies. I know this combination will be a hit.
Why Use the Air Fryer to Roast Vegetables?
- Roasting vegetables adds a depth of flavor that can't be beat.
- Even the pickiest eater will enjoy this perfectly cooked mix of veggies. It's a delicious way to get some healthy vegetables on everyone's plate!
- Cooking vegetables in the air fryer takes about half the time as oven roasting, so it's perfect for busy weeknights.
- This delicious air fryer vegetable recipe makes a delicious side dish for meats and fish.
- Air fryer veggies are a perfect side dish but they're versatile! you can also use them in sandwiches, pasta sauces and tossed in salads.
Full ingredient quantities and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Mushrooms I used cremini mushrooms, but use any mushrooms that you like.
- Yellow Squash This summer squash is very similar to zucchini.
- Zucchini This recipe is a great way to use up your garden zucchini, or zucchini "gift".
- Sweet Peppers I'm using sweet banana peppers from my garden, but red bell peppers are also perfect.
- Red Onion Red onion is a milder sweeter onion when raw. However after cooking red and yellow onions are very similar, so feel free to use a yellow onion if that's what you have.
- Parmesan Freshly grated parmesan cheese adds delicious flavor and crispness. If you are vegan, you can substitute nutritional yeast, or omit the cheese and these roasted veggies will still be delicious.
- Olive Oil You can also use avocado oil.
- Lemon Juice Fresh squeezed lemon juice adds a bright pop of flavor. Feel free to use balsamic vinegar instead.
- Seasonings Use your favorite seasonings. I used Italian seasoning, and garlic powder along with salt and pepper. If you like a hint of spice, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
How To Make It
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the veggies in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cook for 5 more minutes
- Vegetables will be lightly caramelized and tender, but still slightly crisp.
- Use any combination of vegetables. In this recipe, I used a mix of vegetables that have similar cook times. If you want to add some root vegetables, like sweet potatoes potatoes, or carrots, keep in mind they will take longer to cook. They should go in the air fryer first. Add the more tender veggies once the root vegetable are partially cooked.
- Slice the vegetables into equally sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Try to place the vegetables into the air fryer basket in a single layer for maximum caramelization. Depending on the size of your air fryer, this means you may need to cook in batches.
- Store leftover roasted vegetables in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. To reheat, return them to the air fryer at 400° for 5 minutes.
Because you need very little oil to air fry vegetables, they have much less fat and calories than pan frying. Vegetables will lose nutrients with any cooking method. The longer they cook, the more nutrition is lost. Which means the air fryer, with its quicker cooking time, allows the veggies to retain more nutrients than oven roasting.
You might not want to cook in batches. And you don't actually need to cook the veggies in a single layer. However, your roasted vegetables may not get the desired browning slight crispness if you just fill the basket. The air fryer roasted vegetables will still be delicious. Just make a point of shaking the basket several times during the cooking process to ensure even cooking. You may also require a longer cooking time.
It depends on both the meat and the type of vegetables you are cooking. Tender veggies like the ones in this recipe will cook more quickly than most meat, so the vegetables would need to be added in the last part of the cooking time. Other tender vegetables include green beans, asparagus, and broccoli.
Firm vegetables can often be cooked together with meat due to their longer cooking time. Examples are carrots, parsnips, beets, potatoes and sweet potatoes including most root vegetables and winter squash.
Air fryer roasted vegetables are a great side dish for just about any main course. Serve these veggies with roast chicken, salmon, ribs, or steak. We also love them tossed with pasta or on pizza. Once these veggies cool, you can pile them into a sandwich or wrap, or on a salad. Leftovers are perfect in omelets.
More Healthy Vegetable Side Dishes
There are a huge variety of veggies that you can air fry! Try these delicious recipes too!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a rating in the comments below and let us know how it turned out. Did you make any changes? We would love for you to share and your feedback is important! Thank you for visiting The Food Blog!
Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables
- 1 zucchini medium
- 1 yellow squash medium
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 red onion small
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon juice of
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Cut all of the vegetables into equal bite sized pieces.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° or it's highest setting.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat.
- Put the seasoned vegetables in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the vegetables and give it a stir.
- Air fry 5 more minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
- Serve hot.
Such a quick, easy, and delicious way to cook up a side dish to get on the table with dinner. My kids loves their veggies cooked this way
Just the perfect lunch for these days! We got a new air fryer and are constantly looking for new recipes, thansk!
Hi Laura! I'm glad the roasted veggies were perfect for lunch! You will love your new air fryer. Enjoy!
I followed this recipe and made roasted vegetables in my Air Fryer. They turned out perfect. It was so easy to do.
Hi Katie. Thanks for coming back to share! I'm happy that the veggies turned out perfect for you!