Get ready to fall in love with the humble carrot. Air Fryer Carrots are not only easy but oh so delicious. Roasting carrots in the high heat of the air fryer takes them to a new level.
I've never met anyone who actually dislikes carrots. But carrots can be boring, especially when they're boiled or steamed. Roasting carrots changes that completely, bringing out their sweetness and a rich depth of flavour. And roasting them in the air fryer takes about half the time as roasting in the oven.
Why It Works
- Roasting carrots take only 10-15 minutes in the air fryer, about half the time as the oven.
- The quick roasting time uses less energy than the oven.
- The air fryer won't heat up your kitchen.
- Roasting caramelizes the sugar in the carrot and brings out their sweetness.
- Air Fried carrots are a delicious side dish for practically everything, including chicken, beef, pork, or fish.
- These are so easy and delicious that you might eat more carrots. Which is a good thing because carrots are super nutritious and also economical.
Here's What You Need
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
How To Make It
- Slice the carrots lengthwise.
- Toss all the ingredients together.
- Place carrots in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry 10-15 minutes (this will depend on the thickness of your carrots).
Choose young, fairly slim carrots of uniform size for the fastest roasting time. Slicing them lengthwise also reduces the roasting time.
If your carrots are thicker, you will need to increase the cooking time.
Preheat your air fryer. This step helps cook food more evenly and only takes minutes.
Shake the air fryer basket halfway through so the carrots brown evenly.
The cooking time can vary depending on your air fryer. I have this one: Gourmia GAF698
For roasting, you can usually skip peeling the carrots and just give them a good scrub, especially if you have tender young carrots. However, you can peel them if you prefer.
You can use baby carrots, however, this may change the roasting time so you will need to watch them.
You can roast carrots in the oven. Put them on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400° oven for approximately 30 minutes.
You can use fresh herbs, but wait until the carrots are cooked before tossing them in fresh herbs. Fresh herbs can burn in the high heat of the air fryer.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a rating in the comments below and let us know how it turned out. Did you make any changes? We would love for you to share and your feedback is important!
Air Fryer Carrots
- 10 medium fresh carrots sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°
- Toss all the ingredients together in a bowl, making sure the carrots are completely coated in oil and seasonings.
- Put the carrots into the air fryer basket in a single layer. (you may have to cook them in batches)
- Cook 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Carrots should be fork tender and browned.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.