Chocolate Pretzel Patties. What more can I say? Chocolate, crunch, salt. Together, that pretty much equals yum, does it not? When a chocolate craving comes on, you don't always want to wait for something to come out of the oven.
Get a homemade Chocolate Fix without Baking
With these no bake treats, you don't have to. And sometimes, the craving is not just a chocolate thing, but a crunch and a salt thing, too. Cravings can be complicated. Luckily, satisfying them doesn't have to be, with these babies.
Just a Treat....
You can get your salty, chocolaty, crunch quick fix by mixing these chocolate pretzel patties up on the stove in just a couple of minutes. Then you just pop in the fridge and have sweet, creamy, crunchy, salty, chocolaty bliss 10 minutes later. So easy. Almost too easy. Dangerously easy, in fact. Which is why I don't always have chocolate chips on hand, because I would probably just keep on making these. And probably keep on eating them. And a treat, is just supposed to be a treat, right? (Talking to self here.)
Maybe not Healthy, but at least they're Homemade!
That being said, whipping up your own sweet treats is probably better for you than what you buy in the store. I sure wouldn't call these healthy, but we all do need a treat sometimes, do we not? And these sweet little chocolate covered pretzel patties are also perfect for when you need to whip up something last-minute, too. Say, for unexpected company. And that way, you get to share instead of just eating all the crunchy, creamy, salty goodness by yourself.
If nut allergies are an issue, you can leave out the peanuts and these will still be deliciously chocolaty and crunchy. (Check the ingredients on your pretzels, to be sure, as well). But do use salted pretzels, because the salt is important here. I used waffle shaped pretzels, but any shape will work.
Looking for another no bake chocolaty treat? You may want to try Chocolate Toffee Fudge.
How To Make Chocolate Pretzel Patties
Chocolate Pretzel Patties – No Bake Chocolate Treats
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1.5 cups dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1.5 cups crushed pretzels you can crush them right in the bag
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat a double boiler over medium heat. Add the chocolate and the butterscotch chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the peanuts and crushed pretzels and stir until well combined. Remove from heat
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Put the sheets in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Patties should then be set and you can transfer to a container in layers, putting parchment between each layer.
- Store in fridge.