Spring Chicken Salad is a plate full of spring. All kinds of spring veggies, strawberries, and lean roast chicken breast slices make this salad a meal. This post is sponsored by Lilydale. As always, all opinions are my own.
Don’t you love this time of year when everything is fresh and new? I love including all of the first produce to show up in the garden or the market. They are all at their peak of freshness, and what better way to enjoy them, but to combine them all, in this fresh and delicious springtime salad.
For this one, I am teaming up with Lilydale® to make it a complete meal, using their delicious Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast.
Delicious, Convenient Chicken
The days are getting longer, and warmer, so who wants to spend time in the kitchen when the outdoors beckons? That’s what I love about Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast. It so convenient to have on hand, already roasted and carved for you. Perfect for this spring chicken salad, and so many other quick and delicious meals, like this Thai Red Curry Chicken Soup.
Lilydale is a Canadian company that has been nourishing Canadians with premium chicken and turkey products for over 75 years. They produce a variety of fresh, frozen, deli, breakfast, and carved poultry products, all sourced from Canadian farms.
Their products are the ones that I choose when shopping for my family because I can always trust them to be delicious and top quality.
About This Spring Chicken Salad
This is a salad that has it all going on, both texture and flavour wise. Sweet juicy strawberries, the peppery crunch of radish, tender, earthy asparagus, and sweet peas, all topped with juicy slices of chicken make this a party on a plate. A simple lemon and dill vinaigrette is a perfect complement.
Want More Easy Meal Inspiration?
Besides the chicken, Lilydale® also makes Oven Carved Roast Turkey Breast, which I used to make these Turkey Quiche Appetizers. And be sure to check out these delicious Breakfast Taquitos, made with their Chicken Breakfast Sausage, and these delicious Turkey Tacos with Mango Salsa.
And head on over to Lilydale’s® recipe page for lots of other delicious recipes.
Can You Make This Chicken Salad Ahead?
You can absolutely make this salad ahead and store it in a covered container in the fridge. Just don’t toss with the vinaigrette until just before serving, in order to keep the greens crisp and fresh. You can also pack this for school or work lunches, too, keeping the vinaigrette separate until it’s time to eat.
Spring Chicken Salad with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- 12 asparagus spears trimmed and sliced in half
- 2 cups baby greens I used a spring mix
- 1 cup strawberries trimmed and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup radicchio sliced
- 1 200 gram package Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 lemon juice of
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot of boiling water, cook asparagus until just tender-crisp, about 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
- Remove asparagus from pot and submerge in ice water, drain, and allow to cool
- Toss together, (or arrange on a plate), greens, strawberries, peas, radicchio, and cooled asparagus
- Top with Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- In a jar with a lid, add all vinaigrette ingredients and shake until combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad, and toss lightly to coat.