Stuffed chicken breasts are a simple, and elegant way to serve up some chicken breasts. Sometimes its really hard to come up with ideas for what to do with chicken breasts, though. They are a staple in most people's kitchens, but they can be boring. I know, I do get tired of thinking up ways to use chicken breasts. We've been sold on using chicken breasts for the lean protein. So they are a go-to protein for so many of us.
So, to the rescue, I have this delicious combo of sun-dried tomato, basil, spinach and feta stuffed chicken breasts. It's going to really jazz up your chicken breasts. These gorgeous Mediterranean flavours will deliciously infuse a boring chicken breast to make it taste amazing. I always love the oven time, because, while it's in there I get to do all the sides. Put a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on the chicken right when it comes out of the oven, to add flavour and personally, I love to make it sizzle. Sizzling food is fun food.
Quicker, more evenly cooked chicken
Pounding your chicken breasts to an even thickness is an important step here, and takes very little time. It gives you enough chicken to roll around your filling, while also allowing for the chicken to cook evenly. It also stretches your chicken so that you have less chicken, more filling, and more servings. Here's a great step by step for pounding: How (and When) To Pound Chicken Breast. I have allowed for 4 servings of one chicken breast per serving here, but you can easily serve 6-8 if you have side dishes. And we love the filling part of this chicken dish so much, that less chicken is just fine.
A super fresh and simple combination of lemon, spinach, feta, sun-dried tomato and basil will transform these stuffed chicken breasts from boring to amazing. When you slice it up, the presentation will be impressive, and only you will know, just how simple this was to cook.
Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato, & Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts boneless. skinless
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Put chicken breasts, one at a time, into a large zip lock bag. Pound until slightly flattened
- Lay each pounded chicken breast on parchment lined baking sheet
- Brush chicken breasts all over with olive oil
- Season with salt & pepper, then on one side of each breast, divide the spinach, sundried tomato, basil & feta cheese
- Roll/Fold the other side over, and secure with toothpicks, trying to keep filling contained
- Bake in center of oven for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Turn on broiler if chicken is not browned enough
- To serve, remove all toothpicks. Slice chicken breasts, or serve whole
- Squeeze a fresh lemon over chicken breasts while still hot