These Baked Breakfast Egg Cups are simple to make, delicious to eat, and convenient to have in the freezer. At this time of year, everybody loves a make-ahead breakfast. Big cooked breakfasts are great on weekends, but on a busy weekday, there’s usually no time for fixing up a bacon and egg breakfast.
They Make An Easy Breakfast On The Go
These baked breakfast egg cups are perfect for a make-ahead, easy breakfast on the go. You get your bacon and eggs, along with some veggies, too. They’re yummy and satisfying, and they’ll fill you up and keep you going until lunch, and because these are freezer friendly, you can make a big batch ahead of time.
I love that these are quick and easy to make and the ingredient possibilities are endless. I made these with cheddar, bacon, spinach and roasted red pepper. With the red and green from the peppers and spinach, these are a pretty and festive addition to a holiday brunch or breakfast tray. And for pot lucks, these are perfectly portable, take along finger food. You have the option of making them vegetarian by omitting the bacon, too.
These Are Perfect For The Freezer
I like to freeze these make-ahead breakfast bites so there is always breakfast ready to go. You can defrost them overnight and reheat in a low oven, but they taste great cold, as well. Along with a fruit salad, these egg cups are a delicious, no-fuss holiday morning breakfast. One that you just happened to have already made and in the freezer, how great is that? And they are a perfect, protein-packed lunch box option to take along for work or school, too.
More Make-Ahead Breakfasts
Having breakfast already waiting is a great start to the day. That’s why I also love these other make-ahead ideas for breakfast:
Are you looking for more of a lazy, leisurely weekend breakfast? Check these out:
Freezing these using my FoodSaver® vacuum sealing system guarantees that, when defrosted, these breakfast egg cups are going to be just as perfect as when they were first baked. Check out my review of the FoodSaver® system.
Baked Breakfast Egg Cups- A Make-Ahead Breakfast
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup jarred roasted sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 7 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Use olive oil or cooking oil spray to grease a 12 cup muffin tin
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, spinach, sweet red pepper, cheddar cheese, and chili flakes.
- Add beaten egg, and stir to combine well
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, dividing evenly by 12
- Top each muffin cup filled mixture with Parmesan cheese
- Bake in the centre of oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately, or allow to cool and keep in fridge for up to 2 days, or freeze.
*This post may contain affiliate links. This means, If you click on the link and end up buying the product, I will receive a small commission. This helps a little with the costs of running The Food Blog, so that I can keep sharing awesome recipes with you. I only endorse products that I use and love myself, and there is no extra cost to you.