Ranch Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps are a fun, tasty way to do a relaxed summer barbecue meal. One of my favourite steaks to grill is a flank steak. It's a super flavourful, lean cut of meat, and, once marinated, it just takes a few minutes to grill. Flank steak is also the perfect choice for marinating in some wonderful flavours. I marinated my flank steak for these delicious lettuce wraps in ranch dressing. I'm working with this recipe for the Litehouse See the Lite project. So I'm using Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch here.
The Marinade For Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps? Ranch Dressing
I usually make my own salad dressings, but it's always good to have a go-to favourite. Because sometimes, there's a lot to be said for convenience. Since I'm all about eating real, Litehouse® dressings have always been that go-to for me. When I shop for produce, I don't head for the condiment aisle, right? The produce section is the place to get all of that bright, fresh, seasonal goodness, and that's where you'll find Litehouse® dressings. Right up next to all that freshness. Real food deserves real dressings.
Salad Dressing Makes A Perfect Marinade
I marinated the steak in delicious Homestyle Ranch, and then served the lettuce wraps with Sriracha Ranch sauce, made from the same Litehouse dressing. It's a perfect marinade; fresh, tart, and packed full of flavour. We love this ranch dressing. It's delicious on any salad or as a dip. I love that Litehouse® dressings are cold from the fridge. When we eat our veggies, they are cold and crisp. Who wants to add a room temperature salad dressing to all that cool freshness? That's where you find this dressing. In the produce section, in the refrigerator case.
What Exactly IS A Flank Steak?
Flank Steak is a very lean cut of meat from the cow's belly muscles. It's very tough because it doesn't have any fat. But if you cook it properly, flank steak is one of the most flavourful and versatile cuts out there. It's perfect for grilling, and you can even cook it in an air fryer: Air Fryer Flank Steak Learn more about flank steak: What is Flank Steak?
The Secret To Tender Flank Steak
The secret to tender flank steak is to grill it quickly after marinating, on a very hot grill, then slice very thinly across the grain. The result is tender and juicy, and perfect for steak lettuce wraps. We topped our wraps with Asian broccoli slaw, also from the produce section, for freshness and crunch. To top it all off, I made a cool and creamy sriracha ranch sauce.
Do you need more great grilling ideas? Try Lemon, Rosemary & Sage Grilled Chicken, Grilled Pork Tenderloin, or Grilled Chicken & Vegetables in Red Currant BBQ Sauce, and for dessert, Spiced Rum Grilled Peaches
You can find more great recipes for Litehouse® dressings, as well as info about their products, offers, and more at See the Lite
This post is sponsored by Litehouse®, who has compensated me financially and in products. All opinions are my own and I only endorse products that I would serve to my own family.
Ranch Steak Lettuce Wraps – Steak Wraps
- 1 lb flank steak
- ½ cup Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch dressing
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Sriracha Ranch Sauce
- ¼ cup Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 cups Asian slaw
- lime wedges for serving
- In a measuring cup, whisk together dressing, lime juice, and chili powder
- Put the steak in a zip lock bag, and pour dressing over. Seal bag and turn to coat steak with dressing
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Spray or brush grill with vegetable oil, and heat to high
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Grill 3-5 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the steak, and desired doneness
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes
- While steak is resting, whisk together ranch dressing and sriracha sauce
- Slice the steak into very thin strips across the grain
- Assemble lettuce wraps by piling lettuce leaves with steak slices.
- Top with Asian slaw and sriracha ranch sauce
- Serve with lime wedges